Saturday, February 14, 2009

Crochet Kitchen or The Queen of Quick Cooks Italian and More

Crochet Kitchen: A Pantry Full of Patterns for 30 Tasty Treats

Author: Langlitz

Who can resist a playful taco or adorable strips of bacon? With the help of easy-to-follow patterns and step-by-step instruction, you can whip up tasty treats for any "meal" of the day using a crochet hook as your primary utensil. The playfulness of amigurumi meets the palette pleasing nature of food in this tempting title. Thirty patterns for a variety of tasty treats are divided into chapters including breakfast, lunch, dinner and desert. With the fast nature of these projects, you'll be cooking up cute, crocheted meals in no time.



Interesting textbook: Clássicos de Comportamento Organizacional

The Queen of Quick Cooks Italian and More.....

Author: Camille Contino Duncan

Please accept this cookbook as a guideline. Cooking can be fun if you relax and let yourself get creative. You will find that in several recipes I refer to a 2 finger pinch of this or a dash or a glug glug of that. That's what I love about cooking. It is not an exact science. It is not brain surgery. Play with it. Do what's right for you. Try new things. If you can find an easier way, go for it. Most anything you can buy at the grocery store that is already made can be doctored up to taste almost like homemade. Try it. If you don't like it then next time make it the long way. Then there are those who just don't enjoy cooking. That's okay too. Be true to yourself. Read the cookbooks and enjoy them. Put them on the shelf and buy your food already made. But if you enjoy cooking, give my recipes a try. And have fun with them.

I have catered dinner parties and receptions and even a wedding reception. The one thing I have learned is that when you love what you are doing it's never too much work. I also learned that I never charged enough money, but it didn't matter because I was enjoying myself. Now that I am getting older and don't seem to have the stamina that I used to have, I find that writing about it is just as satisfying. Well, almost. I still cook but for smaller groups. For the holidays I begin my cooking weeks in advance and freeze what I can so that we can still have all the goodies.

I hope some of my stories have put a smile on your face. They put a smile on my face in writing them.

I have seen it written that one should EAT WELL, LIVE WELL, AND LOVE WELL. No truer words were ever spoken.



No comments: